Saturday, January 29, 2011

Are labels useful or harmful?

Okay.  Please watch the following with a grain of salt.  I did think long and hard before reposting this video because I do not support the group that made it or their particular message, however, that being said I do like this video clip because it does (unintentionally I'm sure) advocate for a strength based view of these disorders.   By that I mean it does a good job of delivering the message that many of these psychiatric "labels" also have their positives.  I do not condone the anti-psychiatry, anti-medication message.  Many of these labels also help to define a "problem" and then better address it - either through medications or other means.  I mostly reposted it because I do love the idea of focusing on strengths, rather than the labels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv49RFo1ckQ&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment