Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best episode of parenthood yet!

I just watched  the February 1st episode of Parenthood on NBC and it was right on!  I would love to know who is writing for the show because it's depiction of parenting a child with a "syndrome" disorder feels very real to me.  On this episode Max's grandfather decides he is going to take him on an overnight camping trip because it's a Braverman tradition.  Max's has Asperger's syndrome so his mom puts together a manual on how to handle Max while they are away.  His grandfather of course thinks she is capital C crazy and over the top neurotic.  Well those of us who have been there know how this goes....by the end of the camping trip it becomes clear why there is a manual (see my previous post "I'm a little burnt out).  Watch the episode for free online, trust me you won't feel alone anymore.  If you click this link you can find autism experts discussing the episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment